Monday, May 18, 2009

The Incredible Edible Avocado


















Avocadoes have to be one of my favorite foods in this world. I am discovering more and more things that they taste good on or with....

-On toast or bagel as a spread, alone, like butter!
-On burritos with black beans, rice, lettuce, sour cream, tomato, salsa, cheese, or any combination of these.
-On veggie pizza, add after taken out of oven when ready to eat.
-On top of any salad.
-In tortilla soup.
-On top of a rice dish that my friend Nichole invented. It's brown or white rice topped with a mixture of stewed diced tomatoes with chlis, yellow corn, and peaches ( I know it sounds weird but it's a delish combination!)... On top of all that some sour cream and avocado! It's one of my favorite meals.
-On wheat thins.
-Even by itself, scrumptious and wholesome and filling!

No comments: